Monday, November 27, 2017

Friendship is Stitched With Love Thank You Card

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  I know everyone is right smack dab in the middle of making Christmas cards, but I had the urge to play with some pretty vintage papers I ran across while tidying up the Closet of Shame.   When inspiration calls, who am I to argue?


Can you blame me?  I mean this is polka dots and vintage sewing goodies and chippy buttons...who could resist?  Color matching the ribbon proved to be a bit of a challenge.  But then I remembered that you can custom dye White Seam Binding Ribbon to make the perfect match!

If you've never done this before, it's very easy and lots of fun, too.  Simply cut a length of White Seam Binding Ribbon...I usually use about 3 feet.  Then on a non-stick craft sheet, or other non-porous surface, add a smear of Distress Ink in your chosen color.  For this ribbon, I used Tea Dye and Victorian Velvet. 

Next, spritz the smeared ink with some water using a mister bottle.  When the ink beads up, it's ready to go to work.  Simply add the ribbon and move it around to soak up all that yummy ink.  I usually crumple the ribbon as I go to create a shabby, crinkled bow.  Gently heat dry the ribbon and then tie into a loopy bow with your Zutter Bow it All Tool.  I just love the finished product!

The inside of the card has a sweet little tuck spot and a lovely pocket.

The tuck spot is filled with tiny tags and an itty bitty gift card envelope.

The pocket contains a custom dyed ribbon topped tag, a tea bag and a honey stick.

Now I just have to figure out who to give this card to!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

1 comment :

  1. This is lovely, Kathy! Love all of the vintage embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say