Friday, April 28, 2017

Beautiful Bees

{judy} Hello ribbon friends! Today I am sharing a quick card made with the Bees Please Tags designed by my fellow teammate, Ginny! I am planting an entire section of my yard with flowers for bees. I don't see them around much, and wanted to provide a place for them in my neighborhood!

I started by layering papers from Kaisercraft's Be-you-tiful patterned paper collection, then added a lace doily from Stampin' Up! in the mix. I printed out two sets of tags, and cut one bee out, so I could layer and pop him up on the tag. 
I added a strip of burlap behind the tag, and added my beautiful trims: a double bow of Black Seam Binding, a single bow of Black Burlap String, and a gorgeous Cottage Rose from the Mixed Reds Collection. The rose is accented with a Brown Mulberry Paper Leaf.
I tied a little Black Seam Binding in the top of the tag, and some of the Black Burlap String around the front panels. I added a White Flat Back Pearl to help keep the string in place, and for some glam.
My sentiment is a die cut from the Paper Smooches Kudos Word die Collection. I backed my black cardstock piece (Basic Black - Stampin' Up!) with a piece cut from a 6x6 Scor-Tape Adhesive Sheet and then ran those pieces through my Big Shot. Easy to peel out and adhere to the front of my card! The sheets are a must-have for intricate die cuts - especially word dies. All of my layers are held together with Scor-Tape.
I love the contrast of the burgundy and gold. What do you think?
Don't forget about our challenge going on right now on the RRR Blog - Put A Bow On It! Come play along! The deadline is May 3!
Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment :

  1. I think this is simply stunning! Love all the pretty elements you used.
    And love the color scheme (also my school colors!).

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say