Saturday, March 26, 2016

Mother Goose Mini Album with Ribbon Closure

Hello, Ribbon Lovers! I have the cutest little baby themed mini album to share with you today.  The album base is one I designed using 4" x 5.5" white card blanks.  It's decorated with gorgeous ribbon and  papers, chipboard and stickers from Graphic 45's Mother Goose collection.
 I wanted to play up the bright, primary colors of this playful collection, so I chose Red Swiss Dots Satin Ribbon for my closure and cheery Yellow Plaid Ribbon for my bow.
 I used 1/2" Scor-Tape to secure my ribbon closure, wrapping the ribbon all the way around the front and back cover of the mini album.
 I love the texture from the corrugated cardboard covers.  I salvaged a nice piece of 12x12 cardboard from product packaging and put it to good use in this little album.
 The mini is loaded with photo mounts, pull outs, pockets and fold down pages.
 The little accents of Red Swiss Dots Satin and natural burlap string add a great playful feeling to the album.
 The pockets are sized to hold photos and tags.  The one on the right folds down when you remove the paper clip.
 I built in a fold out page.
  And it can be used for mounting photos on both sides.
 I was careful to mount ephemera only along the bottom edge, so that full sized photos can be slipped in behind.
 I did a little fussy cutting and banner building, too.
 The final page has a cool double pocket that folds down.....
...and folds down some more so there's loads of room for photos of that important first year of baby's life.
I used stars throughout the mini album as a theme to tie all the many pages and images together.  I have to say, I would not have thought to use this yellow gold and red color palette, but I think it really does look smashing, and I love that I was able to find the perfect ribbon complement at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

If you'd like to learn how I built the base of this mini album, I have a full step-out tutorial on my blog today.  You can find that HERE.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,
kathy

8 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness. It's action packed with beautiful pages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely piece of work - so beautiful! Love the pages and elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful job very well done. it is just fabulous the way it is all put together. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW- what a lot of work, and it's worth it because it is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great project and thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love this! Awesome mini!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little album! And such great use of the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so much! It was loads of fun to design, and the ribbon really made it special!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say