Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter Diary and a Satin Ribbon Flower Tutorial

Welcome back Really Reasonable Ribbon bloggers.  I have a very fun project to share with you.  I am giving each of my grandchildren a decorative notebook, mini album or diary for Easter.  I am having so much fun with the Graphic 45 Classic Collections, Once Upon A Springtime, with fairies and bunnies along with the varieties of gorgeous laces, ribbons and supplies from Really Reasonable Ribbon to make my Easter projects.  Really Reasonable Ribbon has the variety of sizes and colors of ribbon to give your card or project that special WOW! 
  
My granddaughters are into fairies and this nana is also loving fairies now so the Graphic 45 Springtime collection was my choice to use for this Easter present.  The cover of the diary is leather.  Therefore, I used 1" Scor-Tape to stick the paper onto the leather. 
I created a tutorial for you on how to make a variety of lovely flowers out of ribbon using the quality satin ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I tried using florist and other ribbons but found that the variety of stain ribbon from RRR didn't burn and the petals curled very nicely using a candle in a jar.  This flower was made using the gorgeous 5/8" Double Faced Satin White ribbon and 5/8" Double-Face Satin Flash Green.  The bow also was made using the 5/8" Double Face Satin ribbon  with the beautiful Melon seam binding ribbon.  Both bows were made using the Zutter Bow It All bow maker and attached with  Scor-Tape from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  In the past, my bows were not as fancy as they are now using the Zutter Bow It All.  Making bows are so much fun now!!!  The green leaf is the Cheery Lynn Design Ivy strip and the white is Sue Wilson Designs-Lace Edged Leaves.   

 Check out How">http://snp.gd/hbtmec">How to Make Ribbon Flowers
by Nancy Hill on Snapguide.

The beautiful cream/ivory Arianna Natural Crochet lace is on the sides and I used 1/2" Scor-Tape to stick the lace on the paper.  This tape is much better than glue for lace and ribbon. 
 The back cover of the diary is the 5/8" Double Faced Satin White ribbon with a 3/8" strip of Graphic 45 paper down the center of the ribbon.   The owl, castle and knight are dies from Tattered Lace's new collection. 
This is the inside of the diary.  I cut out these flowers from the Graphic 45 Springtime collection and used foam tape and glue on the back to give the flowers some dimension.  Again, this knight is a die from the Tattered Lace new collection. 
This page is inside on the second paper of the diary.  This very cute dragon is Freddie from digital Wee Stamps by Sylvia Zet.  I loved Sylvia's digital stamps.   I colored Freddie using Copic markers and colored pencils.  I cut this out and used foam tape and glue on the back.  I cut out the flowers in the Graphic 45 Springtime Collection and also used some foam tape and glue to apply it on this page to give these flowers some dimension. 

This is a lot of information but I didn't want you to miss out of how I did this diary in case you are interested doing this.  Yes, it might take some time but I take more time thinking about my next step than doing it. 

I hope you enjoyed this and would love to read your comments.  I love reading your blogs and being inspired from your projects and cards as well as learning so much from you.    There is so many new social media friends and I really enjoy hearing from you so much.  Again, my e-mail is lehill@mtida.net or I answer the questions on my comments on the blog as well.

Now, join the fun and see what our very talented Really Reasonable Ribbon designers and challengers have to share with everyone on the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog as well as our Really Reasonable Ribbon Facebook

1 comment :

  1. you have really outdone yourself, Nancy. this is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say