Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holiday Recipe Swap with Really Reasonable Ribbon

The Holiday's are quickly approaching and it seems I (Jan) have food on my mind instead of shopping! LOL! I have visions of Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Peanut Brittle, Pecan Divinity and Sugar Cookies dancing in my head.
Really Reasonable Ribbon is celebrating with a Holiday Recipe Swap! I can't wait to see all the great recipes!
Photobucket
Here's one of my favorite recipes:
PECAN DIVINITY
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reaches 250 degrees F. Remove from the heat, stir in marshmallow cream, vanilla and pecans. Continue stirring until candy cools and begins to hold its shape when dropped from a spoon. Quickly drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper.



Pretzels In A Tin. Using Jute String Natural
I like to keep a couple tins on hand for our postal carrier and quick last minute gifts. Here are some variations.


For the baker's in your family, how about a Recipe Album.


Cherry and Aqua Baker's Twine
Seam Binding Spice, Seam Binding Aqua
I hope you get a chance to let me know what your favorite holiday dish is :) Notice that all mine are sweet treats!


4 comments :

  1. Yummy! I haven't had Divinity for a long time
    Love the tin ideas and fun images you used. Such a great project to share

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first tin with the color scheme that looks like pretzels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *love* the album, but the other photos don't work. I just get a damaged file notice. Darn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love Divinity! My mom used to make it when we were kids - she would color it pink and green - sometimes with nuts, sometimes without - and she would add peppermint! Yummy! She does not make it so much any more, but every year she makes peanut butter caramels which are divine! I look forward to them every year - I have made it before but mine are never as good as hers even though I use her recipe :) Thanks for sharing these delicious ideas!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say