Sunday, November 27, 2011

Santa's Train Winner and a Tutorial

Hello friends!   Jan here and do you remember a couple weeks ago when I blogged that I was giving away "Santa's Bringing A Train Load of Twine"? Well, the lucky winner is Tracy!   Congrats and please email me your mailing address so I can get this cute little bugger in the mail.  A HUGE THANK YOU to all of you who left such sweet comments.  It was so much fun, I will be doing a giveaway again :)

Today, I'm using White Wrinkled Ribbon, available over at Really Reasonable Ribbon! Well, it was white. I really liked this vintage image of birds, but didn't have coordinating ribbon so I grabbed a Copic Marker and some Creme de Chocolate Mist, and PRESTO, just what I was looking for.
Here's how to make your own.
1.) Start with a 4.25"x 5.5" card base. (Mine is a light sage green).

2.) Mist the card with light brown mist.
3.) Distress the sides of the card using a pair of scissors.
4.) Cut a piece of burlap just slightly smaller than the front of the card.

5.) Using a sewing machine, sew around the edges of the burlap.

6.) Using a glue pen and glitter, add glitter to some of the flowers.

7.) Color the ribbon with a light Green marker.

8.) Spray some light brown mist in the palm of your hand, and the rub the ribbon in between your hands.


9.) Make a shabby bow.

10) Glue the image on the top center of the burlap.
11.) Add vintage crocheted lace to the bottom center of the card.
12.) Glue the bow in the center, where the vintage lace and image meet.
13.) Using scrap burlap string, make a bow and hot glue in the center of the shabby bow.
13.) Hot glue a pearl in the center of the bow.
14.) Add a few pearls to the bird image.

5 comments :

  1. Beautiful! Fabulous card and I love the dyed ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your wonderful card! The shabby look, the adorable image and the beautiful ribbon and bow - just great together. Thanks for the tutorial, I'd love to try something similar.

    Hugs, Outi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very smart to personalize your ribbon color to enhance such a beautiful card. Jingle Bell Joys...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!!! I am so excited to be your winner!!! I sent you an email.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say