Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Peace on Earth Luminary!



Hello! This is Connie, and I am here today to show you one of my favorite projects to make, especially for holiday gifts....a luminary for a battery operated tea light!! Before I explain how I made the luminary, I must tell you about the gorgeous ribbon from the Really Reasonable Ribbon store that I used at the top of my tag window! This 1 1/4" Ivory Silk ribbon is just to die for! It is so very soft and makes the most beautiful bows! Here I created my bow with a bow easy and attached it to my luminary with scor-tape and a red gem brad!

Now on to creating the luminary! I cut a piece of red card stock 4 1/4" x 11", and scored the piece of card stock in three 2 5/8" intervals, which leaves a small strip at one end. I then stamped the Poinsettia Background image from Our Daily Bread Designs all over the red base.

Next, I cut out the front window with the Tag Die. I then stamped the poinsettia tag image and sentiment from the Poinsettia Tag set on some vellum, and placed it inside of the window crated by the Tag Die. I then punched the top of the luminary with a scalloped punch. To finish off the luminary, I added the beautiful silk ribbon accent!

Thanks so much for visiting today! If you get a chance you can hop on over to my blog for another project with ribbon from RRR!

Connie

3 comments :

  1. Wow! Connie this is too gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, Connie! I will definitely have to try to make some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Connie. I so love your work

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say